Sponsors

The Blogger

Vanessa Ng * 20 * 28th February * RVHS * NBS
Twitter Mail Facebook


I dream of becoming a magician, a chef, a chocolatier, a fashion designer, a movie director, a DJ, a professional photographer and a stock market guru. I also want my very own candy outlet. (: My blog comprises photographs and random thoughts. I like to keep my blog happy and I'm easily inspired. It's nice knowing that people are reading, so thank you. :D

Tweet Tweet

    Follow me on Twitter (:

    10 August 2014

    Gillman Barracks


    So I decided to bring the boy out (and by that I meant that I planned the activities and he brought me there, as usual.) to somewhere different since he's not what most would term as an "artsy fartsy" person. We are kind of extreme opposites anyway.



    I would say SAM or National Museum or ACM houses the more conventional art pieces in which most can relate to and appreciate. Gillman Barracks is different as some art pieces would simply make you go "er.....".

    That was precisely why I wanted to bring him here. We just think it's important to try new things. :D




    I planned to go at this time of the year to maximise the number of exhibitions we can see. In total, we visited around 16 different exhibitions along a few stretches of roads. (You can check out their website to see the current and future exhibitions. I do that with any other museum too heh.) I didn't take photos of every exhibition because I wanted to enjoy the experience instead of snapping away.



    By the way, this place is near where the old River Valley was. It's now a teaching institute place thingy. I forgot the name. Okay random.

    Gillman Barracks is much more developed than the previous time I was there (there's even Timbre there now and a whole lot of everchanging exhibitions!) 

    Thankfully for us and sadly to the arts scene, it's empty to the max- we were one of the few visitors in this huge place that day.












    On a side note, I miss my old campus.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment