Sponsors

The Blogger

Vanessa Ng * 20 * 28th February * RVHS * NBS
Twitter Mail Facebook


I dream of becoming a magician, a chef, a chocolatier, a fashion designer, a movie director, a DJ, a professional photographer and a stock market guru. I also want my very own candy outlet. (: My blog comprises photographs and random thoughts. I like to keep my blog happy and I'm easily inspired. It's nice knowing that people are reading, so thank you. :D

Tweet Tweet

    Follow me on Twitter (:

    09 August 2014

    [ADV] Alive Museum

    Advertorial





    Oh hi!

    (Thought it seemed appropriate)


    So I got a pair of tickets to visit Alive Museum!

    (gasps!)

    Pardon the excitement. I felt that it was quite wasted that I didn't visit the Trick Eye Museum (I was wholly disheartened at the queue, which can go on for two whole hours oh gosh) I keep seeing Facebook spammed with so many similar photos and I got a bit sick of it, which further drove me to not head to Trick Eye Museum.

    So now I'm really glad to receive tickets for Alive Museum, which sounds a lot more interesting because it is the largest chain of 3D interactive illusionary art museum in the world!

    (inserts giant happy face)

    Before I start the onslaught of photographgs, here's a bit of a background- It first started in Korea as Trick Art Museum in Seong-eup, Jeju Island, and changed its name to “Alive Museum” in 2012. Since then, there are 15 branches of Alive Museum globally. I also read that the beautiful artwork sprawls over 10,000 sqft, with more than 80 artwork exhibits brought ALIVE with 3D painting, shading and drawing techniques that create visual illusions.



    Oh, and there's free WiFi access inside the museum for you to upload your photos instantaneously without bursting your data plan. (:

    All right, now for the photos!

    I think it's a great place to have a mini couple "photoshoot". Of course it isn't professional but it's fun to pose heh. I went on a weekday at around 8.30pm or so so there wasn't any crowd at all. The staff was also nice enough to offer to help us take photos heh. That's always the problem with couple photos: You don't have someone else to take it for you. :(

    The bad thing is that you have to crop the photos to make it look real due to angle problems because they have to cram a lot of exhibitions in a small space. This is why most of my photos in this post are all different in terms of image quality. More about that later.











    We were really paiseh that the staff had to follow us to take photos. D: I would recommend double dating or something.

    Anyway, I had to crop ALL the photos cause most of them aren't at a proper angle. This means that there will be random out-of-frame issues and the photo will look less real without cropping. Also, cropping results in more pixelated photos (I'm using a Note 3 so the quality change can be significant, depending on how much I crop.) The instruction posters sometimes got in the way too. As aforementioned, it's due to the cramming of so many exhibitions in a single space.

    I kept pushing doors after doors only to be greeted by more and more exhibitions. It was quite cool cause I didn't know when the art pieces would end heh. So yup, there's this element of suspense and anticipation.

    By the way the lighting isn't good for my Note 3 too so I had to edit the contrast and saturation and lighting et cetera. 



    There's actually air blowing at you.

























    For your reference, the photos below are not edited in any way. You can see how less realistic it looks. It's still really decent though!




    There's also this super cool mirror cube that you can be in!

    Anyway, if you don't want to enter you can always take photos outside. They have a fridge on display so you can take photos with it free of charge.


    Of course, it isn't as fancy as the lovely artworks inside. :P

    There's also a promotion going on now. You can get a free Burger King meal after purchasing a ticket and liking their Facebook page!

    Want to go yet?

    Location: Suntec City Mall #03-372 (Between Towers 3 and 4)
    Ticket Prices: $25 (Adults), $20 (Children 3-12 yrs)
    Operating Hours: 10am – 10pm Daily (Last Admission at 9pm)
    As part of Alive Museum’s efforts to refresh and reinvigorate visitors’ experiences, 30% of paintings will be changed annually.

    Opening Hours:

    Opens daily from 10am to 10pm (last admission at 9pm)

    Address

    Suntec City Mall #03-372 (between Towers 3 & 4) Singapore 038983
    PLEASE NOTE: Opening times may vary due to private events. Please check this page for notices of early closure before your visit.
    Approximate Duration of Visit: 1.5 hours

    No comments:

    Post a Comment