Sponsors

The Blogger

Vanessa Ng * 20 * 28th February * RVHS * NBS
Twitter Mail Facebook


I dream of becoming a magician, a chef, a chocolatier, a fashion designer, a movie director, a DJ, a professional photographer and a stock market guru. I also want my very own candy outlet. (: My blog comprises photographs and random thoughts. I like to keep my blog happy and I'm easily inspired. It's nice knowing that people are reading, so thank you. :D

Tweet Tweet

    Follow me on Twitter (:

    17 June 2013

    We are all branches of the same tree.



    Weeks ago my family decided to change all the lights in our house. While they were browsing through the selection, I was rather mesmerised by the beautiful reflection of light on the plastic crystals. The wires made me think a lot about the interconnectivity of life.

    On an episode of Avatar, The Last Air Bender, there was this particular quote:

    'We are all branches of the same tree.'

    Our existence is genuinely intertwined, and very much similar. As a common species striving towards survival  as well as to thrive, some of us managed to emerge triumphant at the expense of the unfortunate or less competitive. It is interesting to examine the issue at a macro level, from the bird's eye view. You see things in lesser detail, but with more vibrancy. You temporarily ignore all the morality and ethics involved and peruse through the information presented in front of you in a pragmatic, analytical way.

    Meanwhile, I shall revert to my rather monotonous life with little adventures here and there by reading books and absorbing information from the internet. Hanging out has been awesome too. University is starting in a two months time. I look forward to so many things.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment