Sponsors

The Blogger

Vanessa Ng * 20 * 28th February * RVHS * NBS
Twitter Mail Facebook


I dream of becoming a magician, a chef, a chocolatier, a fashion designer, a movie director, a DJ, a professional photographer and a stock market guru. I also want my very own candy outlet. (: My blog comprises photographs and random thoughts. I like to keep my blog happy and I'm easily inspired. It's nice knowing that people are reading, so thank you. :D

Tweet Tweet

    Follow me on Twitter (:

    13 June 2013

    Food Review: New York Dessert Cafe

    I went to New York Dessert Cafe at Holland Village last week. It's a lovely cafe tucked neatly in a row of bars. You cannot miss it though, it's vibrantly coloured and there's a humongous 'KIDS EAT FOR FREE!' sign stuck to its glass window. It's a pity I'm entering the final year of teenagehood.

    Oh, and just in case you're wondering, it is of walking distance from the MRT.



    I like their large menu and pretty photos. :D

    A and I were feeling lazy that day so we did not explore the glass display (is that what it's called?) of desserts and we simply ordered from the menu itself. There were so many other things to try as well and we wanted to try the drinks but we were too bloated.

    You'll know why later.




    It's a sweet and delightfully-coloured place. Bricks paired with bold red paint, checked chairs and chalk notices- it's quite innovative.

    I like that the pillars stand out instead of blend in. Plus they were playing classic songs for the first half of our visit (WEST LIFE SONGS!) and the waiters were all singing/humming in tune.

    So remember I said that we were bloated?


    Yeah, this is a gigantic chocolate cake with 24 layers of goodness.

    It's half squishy, half chocolaty, and just about right. Your typical chocolate cake, but magnified.


    I ordered the chocolate mousse cheesecake with an oreo bottom- a yummy piece of cake which had a much fancier name on the menu. The cheesecake is not overly rich in flavour so I didn't get sick of it. The overall taste is pretty good too.

    I have the habit of tasting the different layers separately before eating them as a whole.

    The prices are all typical of cafes. We paid around $7-$9 per slice (excluding GST and service charge, of course) The huge chocolate cake costs comparatively more.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment