Sponsors

The Blogger

Vanessa Ng * 20 * 28th February * RVHS * NBS
Twitter Mail Facebook


I dream of becoming a magician, a chef, a chocolatier, a fashion designer, a movie director, a DJ, a professional photographer and a stock market guru. I also want my very own candy outlet. (: My blog comprises photographs and random thoughts. I like to keep my blog happy and I'm easily inspired. It's nice knowing that people are reading, so thank you. :D

Tweet Tweet

    Follow me on Twitter (:

    13 June 2013

    Food Review: Hatched

    I have been eating loads of good food since the end of A levels. I think it’s time I stopped posting pictures without any form of description. It's kind of a waste, really. I think I should be doing reviews of all the lovely (and now so lovely) places that I’ve been. So here we are. (:

    So I was at Holland Village with A and we were trying to locate a cafe that his friends recommended. We searched for probably half an hour I believe, but I suppose it's no longer there. There were just so many cafes and little restaurants at Holland Village.

    We decided to head to Hatched. It's conveniently located near the Holland Village MRT station (exit B) We went there on a Saturday so the first floor was completely filled. A nice man came outside to greet us and told us that there's a second level.

    (cheers)


    It was really cosy, and rather noisy actually. I would be noisy too if I came with an active bunch of friends I suppose. Still, the ambience was nice.



    It's really not dark at all. I guess the backlight made it appear so. I find the decorous and functional lights on the walls really creative.

    Oh and I didn't take photos of the cute staircase as well as the thoughtful and cosy (I keep emphasizing the cosiness cause it's a local cafe and the atmosphere and all was just really cosy cosy cosy. It's kind of like visiting someone's personal library.) interior of the first floor. The exterior looks really adorable too and I had trouble finding the sign of the shop.


    The menu was just really adorable and comprehensible. I'm thankful that there are a few photos to guide me in the selection process since I've never been there before. (I'm the kind who takes forever to look through the menu and end up choosing the dish that appears as the largest image.)

    Everything was just really personalised.


    We ordered a hot and cold milk to start out brunch. I can never understand why anyone will prefer cold milk over the hot one. The hot one has got a little bit of milk froth (is there a proper name for this?) and who hates milk froth?


    They were generous with the meat and I had enough sauteed potatoes to go along with it. The poached egg was good too. I didn't have a spoon with me so I had to use a fork and knife to eat the egg. I was pretty skillful.

    I am usually not a fan of vegetables but I think they put vinegar or some sort of oil on the variety of raw veggies so it was yummeh.

    The overall taste of this Burly Benedict was just good. I have to say that I like salty food a lot and this suites me.

    I opt for single. You can have two Burly Benedicts if you like (refer to the menu)


    A got himself this and it's delicious as well. I personally prefer to eat it without the sauce.

    It's nice to talk over a meal in this pleasant (not so) little place. (:

    No comments:

    Post a Comment