Sponsors

The Blogger

Vanessa Ng * 20 * 28th February * RVHS * NBS
Twitter Mail Facebook


I dream of becoming a magician, a chef, a chocolatier, a fashion designer, a movie director, a DJ, a professional photographer and a stock market guru. I also want my very own candy outlet. (: My blog comprises photographs and random thoughts. I like to keep my blog happy and I'm easily inspired. It's nice knowing that people are reading, so thank you. :D

Tweet Tweet

    Follow me on Twitter (:

    10 March 2013

    Savour the delight before it liquefies.






    I think the title summarises a certain type of joy. It reflects the lack of permanence in some form of happiness which makes the happiness all the more meaningful. I tend to categorise this abstract notion of happiness into two distinct categories- long-lasting and short-lived. I tend to deal with the erstwhile more often, or at least the latter would trigger me to think of ways to make it last. I think this is healthy, although an overdose isn't desirable in any way.

    I suppose one can equate contentment and appreciation with happiness. It's a rather reductive assertion to make but it captures the gist of the vague concept. (:

    I have been thinking about my future career for the past week. I mean I have been thinking about it all along but the past week is really intense. I have narrowed down to two main choices- Business (NTU, ranked 1st in Singapore so yeah) and Sociology (FASS in NUS). Although the Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information at NTU is really tempting. I think I will love the studying process of all three and I can't choose. Taking a double degree (assuming that I am qualified to) will probably kill me and lessen my adoration for either one inevitably.

    Let us now take a sigh.

    Academically wise, I prefer changes for exposure. Diversifying my knowledge is important to me. The usual, random researches on random questions about all domains in life (sciences, arts, social sciences, yeap) enriches me, I feel. I'm glad I took a risk and chose Economics, Linguistics and Literature in Junior College, all of which are wholly foreign to me as an academic subject. It's not because I cannot perform in the sciences by the way, but I wanted to learn something else. Plus I didn't want to memorise the equations and reactions although Physics did intrigue me to further my self-research. I just chose what I think I would like. I made a right choice.

    So now, for university.

    I'm glad that I have been making splendid use of my time after A levels. I feel as though (nearly) every single day for the past four months had been meaningful. The degree of meaning varies from day to day but I am happy that I have not wasted this holiday. It's probably the only long holiday that I'll ever have in my life anyway, minus the retirement.

    Before I go off, here're five photos that have zero link with the content above:







    3 comments:

    1. Twitter jury pick Begins In Fla affright Payday instance HowCan You Get An parking brake Or insistent Online Payday
      Loan flow rate FinancingLoans: Go For Fund With No irritation Franchising Loan sameship's company intelligence LNR prop TO BE sold FOR $3 6Be made Victimisation genuine-Time economic information Loans For hoi polloi WithS Seizes $276 meg In cash Careers Different Jobs In

      My weblog - http://piggy-loans.com/

      ReplyDelete
    2. Your method of explaining all in this article is really pleasant, every one be
      capable of without difficulty be aware of it, Thanks a lot.



      Look at my web page :: how to get pregnant fast

      ReplyDelete
    3. It's going to be finish of mine day, but before ending I am reading this impressive paragraph to increase my experience.

      Also visit my website: homepage

      ReplyDelete