Sponsors

The Blogger

Vanessa Ng * 20 * 28th February * RVHS * NBS
Twitter Mail Facebook


I dream of becoming a magician, a chef, a chocolatier, a fashion designer, a movie director, a DJ, a professional photographer and a stock market guru. I also want my very own candy outlet. (: My blog comprises photographs and random thoughts. I like to keep my blog happy and I'm easily inspired. It's nice knowing that people are reading, so thank you. :D

Tweet Tweet

    Follow me on Twitter (:

    31 December 2012

    HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE!

    So, it is that time of the year again. To review and reflect, to further question the purpose of your existence, and to set goals that you know will be left unmet. But still, it is a process that must be adhered to. Or rather, I find it an inescapable cycle.

    (Reminded of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs once again.)

    This year has been a rather fruitful one for me, one that is filled with changes that I've adapted to with almost a sense of immediacy. Perhaps it has already been entrenched in me, so it makes the transition a lot smoother. I know that for I have a strong state of inertia, if that is the appropriate way to phrase it. And I am happy for the changes that happened, and the subsequent effects generated and maintained. So yeap. That has been nice.

    This is the year in which I leave River Valley High, a rather sad departure I think. I will every aspect of it, the good along with the bad. And the people, the food, the atmosphere, and just generally the times spent from Secondary One all the way to Year Six. Six years mean a great deal, it contained my teenage and young adult years. It's a great school, a very much sheltered one. The people that I've met there are all nice, and guai, and cute. And I'm really glad that I choose this remarkably beautiful school. (By the way my PSLE result's 261 + 2. Just saying.)

    It shall be the longest holiday ever. Unless you count retirement. December 2012 till August or July 2013. Thus far every single day has been meaningful in one way or another, some days more meaningful than the rest. The details of what I am thankful for shall reside in my head. (:

    The university life that shall ensue will be wholly different, be it the learning process or the friendships forged. I am thinking of getting a liberal arts degree if my grades allow me to, but it seems irrelevant and impractical in a country like Singapore. I am still contemplating on what I want. Whether I CAN be, is another question that shall be answered in March. For the effort that I've placed and the risks that I took during the A levels, I really have no idea what my results would be like. The worst and best case scenario differs so drastically, as their superlative antonyms suggests. I really have no idea what to expect, at all. And I'm saying that for General Paper (did that Mathematics question), Lingusitics (different style of writing. Plus I didn't differentiate the key word, 'language shift' and 'language change', question in paper 2. To be honest I really have zero idea how that will turn out) Literature (The Wide Sargasso Sea extract question might be wholly off topic. Daniel Cosway ugh, why. It's supposed to be my best best best essay, but no more.), Economics (did I even answer the question using Economic terms?) So that's basically all subjects except Mathematics, which might not even turn out well.

    (face palm)

    This is the dilemma that I have been facing recently, after the entire month of pure play. (Will update the blog on other outings after 21st Dec on another day.) To actually think properly, and to know that you don't quite have the luxury of time. And to recognise that this decision made will impact your future, and the rest of your life. To have such a heavy burden, a self-imposed burden, lying squarely on your own shoulders. I'm thankful that my parents can pay my University education, so money isn't a problem thankfully. Unless I choose some super expensive course or keep flying overseas for some strange reason.

    Still, this presence of choice baffles me. And it confuses me. I like teaching, I like writing, I want to be a teacher and a journalist. Then again I want to dabble in Business (so default, I know) and human relations. I think law is interesting, minus the memorisation part. And a liberal arts degree is so so so tempting but this is Singapore, and the first few batches of students will probably be risking something. I want to job hop. I want to travel all over the world to work and experience different cultures. Then again I have local commitments, and I need to take care of my parents and all that. But I want to take a look around the world, maybe around Asia at least, before returning home, to Singapore.

    I want many things. We want many things.

    Okay I shall make this entry less saddening with photos of cats.



    Thus far, I'm focusing on finalising a job. Or I'll wait till I get my A level results and pray hard that I can get a scholarship. Possibly at SPH actually. I'm still writing a book with CE now. It's genuinely impressive, and planned. Two heads are better than one. Heck, I think it's even better than Harry Potter to a certain extent. I like. No idea how it will end up though. How on Earth do we find publishers or send manuscripts to a good publisher anyway. This post A level activity is a worthwhile attempt, and a meaningful one. We are already editing each others work and stuff.

    I'm not going for any New Year countdowns or anything this year, as usual. The one and only I've been to is in Primary Six, near my house. Yeah I think that's all. It sounds dangerous anyway.

    So 2012 has been quite a year. All the changes culminates towards its end though. I have learnt so many things

    May 2013 be an awesome year. It should be, why should it not? (:

    Teddy says Happy New Year's Eve!


    P.S: MY's teddy is staying at my home till she returns. (:

    No comments:

    Post a Comment