Sponsors

The Blogger

Vanessa Ng * 20 * 28th February * RVHS * NBS
Twitter Mail Facebook


I dream of becoming a magician, a chef, a chocolatier, a fashion designer, a movie director, a DJ, a professional photographer and a stock market guru. I also want my very own candy outlet. (: My blog comprises photographs and random thoughts. I like to keep my blog happy and I'm easily inspired. It's nice knowing that people are reading, so thank you. :D

Tweet Tweet

    Follow me on Twitter (:

    25 October 2012

    Figma and nandroid

    This shall be an enlightening blog post for some of you non-anime fans out there. (: By the way I do watch a bit of anime here and there. In fact I watch American, Korean, Taiwanese, Japanese and Chinese shows (frequency decreases down the list) so yeah. (:

    The first thing you have to know is that there are two main types of figurines- Nandroid and Figma.

    The following is a Nandroid. It isn't proportionate in a sense due to the oversized head which makes it really cute anyway.


    Bought this with nine others as a gift for Jaslyn heehee. My heart broke as I paid at the cashier though.



    Some of them come with two or more heads for you to switch, which is kind of creepy I think. Some have huge weapons like machine guns or all sorts of fanciful gadgets.

    Second, the following are Figmas which are more realistic and proportionate.



    And the last thing that you need to know is that they are crazy expensive. I think of them as overpriced Barbie dolls, which are already overpriced to begin with. Of course, fans would throw rocks and argue otherwise. (Which I totally understand, by the way. It's like paying for a movie when they are available online, and buying branded goods although replicas are argueably close substitutes in terms of quality and design.)

    You can get them at a discounted rate if you opt for a preorder though, but I've no idea how that works, or when and how it happens. If you're not a fan it's tantamount to paying hundreds of dollars for a a nice piece of plastic.

    And yes, I'm not a fan. (:

    No comments:

    Post a Comment