Sponsors

The Blogger

Vanessa Ng * 20 * 28th February * RVHS * NBS
Twitter Mail Facebook


I dream of becoming a magician, a chef, a chocolatier, a fashion designer, a movie director, a DJ, a professional photographer and a stock market guru. I also want my very own candy outlet. (: My blog comprises photographs and random thoughts. I like to keep my blog happy and I'm easily inspired. It's nice knowing that people are reading, so thank you. :D

Tweet Tweet

    Follow me on Twitter (:

    23 October 2012

    Books


    The school library just added loads of new books. New and readable books that are actually pretty interesting. To be honest, I find it a total waste of money when the school purchases like 5 of the same book (each book costs around 30 bucks or so) I think it's a wastage of public funds. :( Plus they're not even that good anyway, not to me at least. Whatever the case, five is too much. They're not even popular books (Freakonomics, Malcolm Gladwell's books, Narnia, Harry Potter etc)

    I'm glad that the choice of books purchased this time round is of all right quality. (:

    Didn't have time to read all though. I only spent an hour plus reading today. :( But I managed to browse through so so many and scan through so much content such that I know what to pick up after As. :D

    C.S.Lewis is definitely going to be read. I like his style of writing, for one. Plus it can be pretty interesting to read from a Christian's point of view on things.


    Anyway in case you don't follow me on Twitter, here're some quotes that I read. There're so many good ones that I didn't all record cause they're a tad long-winded.

    "I know, my dear Watson, that you share my love of all that is bizarre and outside the conventions and humdrum routine of everyday life." -Sherlock Holmes

    "True connoisseurs are known to favour the stretch in between [endings and beginnings] since its the hardest to do anything with."- Atwood, Murder in the dark

    "Those who wish to succeed must ask the right preliminary questions." -Aristotle, Metaphysics, II, (III)



    Stack to the top! (Bop to the top! High School Musical. I AM SO OLD MY GOD.)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment