Sponsors

The Blogger

Vanessa Ng * 20 * 28th February * RVHS * NBS
Twitter Mail Facebook


I dream of becoming a magician, a chef, a chocolatier, a fashion designer, a movie director, a DJ, a professional photographer and a stock market guru. I also want my very own candy outlet. (: My blog comprises photographs and random thoughts. I like to keep my blog happy and I'm easily inspired. It's nice knowing that people are reading, so thank you. :D

Tweet Tweet

    Follow me on Twitter (:

    02 September 2012

    Teachers' Day 2012







    Photo credits to Yue Yao (:

    There are teachers who merely teach for a living, and those who truly educate with immense passion and enthusiasm. I am glad that I do have teachers who belong to the former category and that is a touching fact that I recognise. (:

    I find it quite saddening that this will be my last year as a true student. I use that term loosely for I define being a student as being pampered. The moment you head to university, the teachers and professors no longer adore you as much or as genuinely as your current teachers. That may be a hasty generalisation but this stereotype exists for a reason. The spirit of learning is more competitive than fun and the stress of excelling may be more pronounced since you're, well, an adult.

    Being an adult sounds like an awfully tedious status. I think that's because when you're in school, you have the luxury of wasting time and telling yourself that you're young and all. But reality really smacks you in the face when you join the workforce- To climb up or stay stagnant, forever. And I think that such a pressure, exerted by the self, family or social attitudes, can stress a person a lot.

    Leisure time would potentially be scarce if you're aiming to progress in your career track. Then comes the tough and subjective question of attaining happiness and finding out your purpose in life. (Read: Maslow's hierarchy of needs)


    Life is all about conflicts and binaries, I think. You work hard in seek of pleasure and that makes you stuck on a hedonistic treadmill in which you're guided by the illusion of wealth and fortune. I like being a student, a teenager, a child, because I need not be concerned with the difficult questions. Yes, they often creep behind me and spring a surprise attack now and then, and especially so in the past two years. But as aforementioned, I have the luxury of escaping the question after pondering for a while or two. Because I am young, I'm still studying, and I don't have to come up with a definite answer to the question, 'What do I want in life?'

    Who do I want to be? What shall I work as? or more importantly, What am I working FOR? What do I even want or desire?

    I like learning. I like being a student. In fact, I like the idea of being a teacher.

    Alright, I guess that's enough thinking for today. I shall conclude this post with photos from my noob iPhone. Good bye people of the internet. You should really be studying instead of reading this. So should I.



















    I'm not a fan of Fish and Co.

    I'm off to watch a movie now.

    I'm enjoying life, sipping tea (I always always always drink pu er cha, not because I'm a fan, but because my dad is) and having brownies for brunch. My fridge is packed with chocolates and ice cream while my cupboard is filled with potato chips.

    Anyway, I went to the GYM yesternight after studying in the library. I'm trying hard to study but my attention span and endurance level is pathetically tragic. I fell asleep in the library for god knows how long (Jurong West) and the librarian woke me up. I'm pretty sure I was semi-drooling. I'm using way too many 'I's but then again, it's my blog. I need to study and revise because prelims are in like, a week's time. A levels is coming, I don't know what I want to be and all but I know acing A levels will guide me to the right track.

    I've been slacking so so much these days. I even did zero academically-related work for three consecutive days which may not sound gravely serious, but it is. The funny thing is I acknowledge and recognise my laziness, but... There's always a but.

    I shall head to school to study and consult teachers. Meanwhile, I still have an infinite supply of brownies to finish.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment