Sponsors

The Blogger

Vanessa Ng * 20 * 28th February * RVHS * NBS
Twitter Mail Facebook


I dream of becoming a magician, a chef, a chocolatier, a fashion designer, a movie director, a DJ, a professional photographer and a stock market guru. I also want my very own candy outlet. (: My blog comprises photographs and random thoughts. I like to keep my blog happy and I'm easily inspired. It's nice knowing that people are reading, so thank you. :D

Tweet Tweet

    Follow me on Twitter (:

    30 September 2012

    Recognition of the creator

    I've been crazily active on We Heart It nowadays. Click here to head to my page by the way, it's filled with heaps of photos like these:

    Tumblr_mandh9tmhm1qlvpapo1_500_large

    Bottles___jars-a6865cb28899a9ccd1c97a03059f86cf_h_large

    5360963_large

    Fb38c9c7c9b211753084e2907f9bde0a_h_large

    Tumblr_mb1c74kwif1rhz5u1o1_400_large

    Tumblr_mb1nj0eseq1ro64fbo1_400_large

    Tumblr_may62ndw2u1re2cz8o1_500_large

    I guess you can pretty much tell what kind of a person I am via the images that I heart. Ever since I downloaded the We Heart It app on my phone I just keep scrolling through the images (inspired by some, turned off by some. You know, the types with quotes.) and getting fascinated by the images that people capture. Then, I started thinking about the rapid spread of anonymous photos.

    I have no idea who took these beautiful photos whatsoever. In fact, I don't care. Nobody really cares I think. Except perhaps the photographer himself. (I'm just gonna use 'him' by default.)

    Although there's a watermark in some of them, no one really bothers to read it. Plus it blends into the background so it's noticeable but insignificant.

    It's the same thing with Tumblr as well. I sometimes wonder how the whole copyright thing works, and this is especially so since images found online can be copied. Even if you can't right click on it or anything, if you reeeeeally wanted an image badly you can always print screen or something.

    Come to think of it, it's actually pretty unfair for the photographer. Then again, I guess such an inevitability is anticipated once he posts his work up online, right? So I was wondering if you're subconsciously signing an agreement to distribute your photos for the world to see the moment you post something online. Be it a piece of text or an image, or any forms of work. Be it in PDF format or whatsoever, you know that it's wholly probable and possible for people to copy, regardless of the copyright issue. I mean, you can always sue I guess, if the intellectual property is of vast importance. But if it's just the images (like those above) where hundreds or thousands of them share it online, where's the copyright issue?

    I think so long as you make money out of the photos, or you somehow benefit tangibly from them or claim the credits, you'll get into trouble. Otherwise all is fine, right?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment