Sponsors

The Blogger

Vanessa Ng * 20 * 28th February * RVHS * NBS
Twitter Mail Facebook


I dream of becoming a magician, a chef, a chocolatier, a fashion designer, a movie director, a DJ, a professional photographer and a stock market guru. I also want my very own candy outlet. (: My blog comprises photographs and random thoughts. I like to keep my blog happy and I'm easily inspired. It's nice knowing that people are reading, so thank you. :D

Tweet Tweet

    Follow me on Twitter (:

    14 July 2012

    Casio G-Factory and the IMAX at JCube

    I'm sure most of you know what Casio is. Yes, it's a company that sells watches, but more than that, it has distinguished itself as a unique, if not outstanding brand. (: I'll write more about that later on, but first, on the event.

    So I went to Jcube's Casio G-Factory yesterday. It's impossible to miss because it's the first thing that you see when you enter JCube. (Assuming that you took the MRT and walk the usual way.) There's even this watch mascot thing outside the shop so you can take pictures with it lol.

    Anyway, there were mini donuts and drinks for us. (:





    Okay sorry, I digressed with food.

    For those of you who are in love with Kpop, specifically Girls' Generation, you would be happy to know that they are signed as the faces of Baby-G Advertising Campaign!

    Girls' Generation
    Photo taken from casiointernational.

    That's in Toyko by the way. They choose SNSD cause they embody the 'tough, cute, cool' concept of Baby-G, Casio's shock resistant watches for women. (: And yes, in case you don't know, Baby-G is under Casio.

    Here're some photos that I took during the event.









    They literally glisten under the light lol! There're designs catered for the mature and the young at hearts, for formal or informal settings, for both men and women. Basically, there are just so many many many designs to choose from.

    Plus there's a sale going on in conjunction with the Great Singapore Sale, so you get quality and variety at a discounted price. (: You have to hurry though cause some are already sold out. D:



    So we walked around the shop and decided to take more photos.









    Pretty, complimentary accessories for the youngsters. (:



    Anyway while I was there I saw a man buying a watch from Casio and from that I can tell that their service is really great! They don't suddenly appear behind you and subtly force you to make a purchase or ask you if you need help unless you really do. Basically, I think they can judge body language well so the service there looks really good.

    After the Casio event, we went to watch The Amazing Spiderman at Shaw's IMAX.



    Cool glasses.

    Okay, so the Shaw theatre at JCube has 1, 001 seats. Nice number, I know. The movie experience there is really immersive. By immersive, I think they meant REALLY immersive. I feel like I'm in the movie itself (beside spiderman) And that's because IMAX has this patented theatre geometry that maximises your field of vision. They also have a projector's dual image technology, special silver-coated screen and propriety loudspeaker technology. I know it's all jargon and I don't understand the details of such technicalities. But I do know that it means better moving images and sound, which is why you go to a cinema to watch a movie instead of on your computer at home. (:


    The next IMAX movie will be The Dark Knight Trilogy by the way (opens in IMAX Digital on 19th July)




    So that's what I did after school yesterday. (: I hope your Friday was as fun as mine, or even better. Bye!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment