Sponsors

The Blogger

Vanessa Ng * 20 * 28th February * RVHS * NBS
Twitter Mail Facebook


I dream of becoming a magician, a chef, a chocolatier, a fashion designer, a movie director, a DJ, a professional photographer and a stock market guru. I also want my very own candy outlet. (: My blog comprises photographs and random thoughts. I like to keep my blog happy and I'm easily inspired. It's nice knowing that people are reading, so thank you. :D

Tweet Tweet

    Follow me on Twitter (:

    03 June 2012

    Pasar Malam
















    Photos taken after watching The Avengers. (:

    The pasar malam near my house is making me balloon.

    Anyway, I would ALWAYS buy tutu gao from pasar malams, not because I love them but because it's a habit since I was young. It's a symbol of happiness, I think, for it never ceases to make me reminisce.

    When I was living with my grandparents (maternal side), my ah ma would always buy tutu gao and that colourful muffin-like thing (we'll eat it with loads of brown sugar at home). It's like a really big deal when I was young cause the pasar malam comes once in a reeeeeally long time. Like, really, really, really long. My ah ma, ah di, and myself will run down happily at night to guang jie. (Okay... My ah ma cannot run la, but you get the point.) or if ah gong is going down to buy newspapers (wan bao at night) he'll buy this... Green, fried thing. Tapioca or something? It's circular and it tastes weird to me.

    I don't know if anyone remembers this, but there used to be this milk tea thing. Not the existing bubble tea, but milk tea, without the black, cancerous balls. There'll be a creepy-looking doll holding the metal shaker and, well, start shaking violently. I call it the 'chok chok' cause it makes a chok chok sound when the doll moves. Most of the time the doll's eyes don't open and close normally, so only one eye is functioning or a limb will be wobbling about instead of hugging the metal shaker.

    It's super delicious and much better tasting than bubble tea actually, or perhaps it's just the reminiscing that makes it seem more delicious.

    I miss that chok chok drink.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment