Sponsors

The Blogger

Vanessa Ng * 20 * 28th February * RVHS * NBS
Twitter Mail Facebook


I dream of becoming a magician, a chef, a chocolatier, a fashion designer, a movie director, a DJ, a professional photographer and a stock market guru. I also want my very own candy outlet. (: My blog comprises photographs and random thoughts. I like to keep my blog happy and I'm easily inspired. It's nice knowing that people are reading, so thank you. :D

Tweet Tweet

    Follow me on Twitter (:

    13 December 2011

    Lemony Snicket's A series of Unfortunate Events

    This is a reeeeeeeeeeeally old movie, yes I know. But I just watched it and I love it! :D




    Here're a few reasons why you should watch it too. (In case you, you know, haven't.)

    1. The narrator is awesome.

    2. It leaves you intrigued. It's the kind of movie/book that is overflowing with creativity.

    3. Watch for the beautiful clothes in the movie. They are all strikingly dull yet charming. Love love love love love them. It's not as extravagant and colourful as Alice in Wonderland but this is better, or rather, I prefer this. Bonus: They adhere to the same dark-feelingish theme!

    4. The houses, the everything, the everything, fits.

    5. There's an utlra cute baby, an insanely gorgeous girl, and a guy that's sure to end up good looking. FYI, that girl's Emily Browning (her hair is, after all, browning) and in case you're wondering how she looks like NOW, here's a googled image:



    Okay fine, she was prettier when she was younger. Most of us are anyway.

    As for the guy, he's name is Liam Aiken and he looks like this (during the premiere of The Killer Inside Me) now

    Liam Aiken - The Premiere of "The Killer Inside Me" 2

    As for the adorable baby that bites EVERYTHING and ANYTHING, she's none other than the ONE AND ONLY...


    ...


    ...


    ...


    ...


    ...

    *** Kara hoffman and Shelby hoffman! ***

    Yes, they are twins acting as the same character!


    Really, I'm shocked lol. I tried finding photos of them in 2011 but to no avail. You guys can try it out though. The best I can find are the ones from Facebook:


    Okay so anyway, let us diverge away from the cast... Okay, Lemony Snicket! I got curious about his other works and so, I did what everyone else would have done. Google.

    He has a few other publications (which I think are awesome for children this Christmas. Yes, I just saved you from thinking what to buy for that young cousin of yours. Books as gifts are definitely more worthwhile than stupid decorations or soft toys that will simply lay forgotten. At least books will be read, at least once, before being left alone. Food is the best, followed by clothes. Not like children will think this way but still... being very pragmatic here. Okay where was I?)

    #1. 13 Words

    It's basically a children's book with beautiful animations. All the 13 words will be linked (somehow)


    #2. A Lump of Coal

    I'm just doing this for the sake of Christmas.


    Okay wait, he has got quite a lot of books and I'm feeling lazy, so why not click on this link that I've diligently linked instead if you're keen to read a few pages of his books. By a few, I do mean like, A COUPLE OF pages.

    Have fun!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment