Sponsors

The Blogger

Vanessa Ng * 20 * 28th February * RVHS * NBS
Twitter Mail Facebook


I dream of becoming a magician, a chef, a chocolatier, a fashion designer, a movie director, a DJ, a professional photographer and a stock market guru. I also want my very own candy outlet. (: My blog comprises photographs and random thoughts. I like to keep my blog happy and I'm easily inspired. It's nice knowing that people are reading, so thank you. :D

Tweet Tweet

    Follow me on Twitter (:

    27 November 2011

    How To: Make poached eggs.

    They are insanely tricky to prepare BUT THEY TASTE SO GOOD! It's similar, but different from half-boiled eggs but I don't really know how to describe the difference.

    I first tasted poached eggs during a lunchbreak from work a few weeks ago. (mioTV promoter at NEX)


    The picture is very dark and blur due to the lighting and my camera, but mostly due to the fact that I was too hungry to take a proper shot.

    So, I got a recipe from helpwithcooking! After all, if you're bored during the holidays this is something you should try.


    Poached eggs recipe

    Method
    1. Fill a saucepan with 3 inches of cold water, add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil.
    2. For your first attempt at preparing poached eggs, you may want to carefully break each egg onto a small cup, plate or bowl before adding it to the water.
    3. As the water reaches boiling point, reduce the heat and allow the water to simmer.
    4. Add 1 tablespoon of vinegar to the water.
    1. Slide the eggs into the water with care, holding the cup or plate as near to the water as possible before allowing the egg to slowly slip into the water.
    2. For the more experienced cooks, break the egg above the pan and let it slip straight into the water.
    3. Once the eggs are in the water, do not move them around. Let the eggs cook for 2½ - 3½ minutes, allowing for the size of the egg and the preferred doneness of the egg yolks.
    4. Remove each egg with a slotted spoon and drain for a few seconds on kitchen paper. Trim any stringy or dangling bits with a knife or scissors if you wish and serve immediately

    Have fun trying! (and maybe failing? But try, try, try again.)

    P.S: The first horse riding lesson was pretty noob (referring to myself) My pony (the instructor says it's a pony but it's so big I think it's a horse.) goes by the name of Cody and he is ULTRA VIOLENT. He keeps moving his neck down, practically thrusting it forward to get the reins out of my hands. I held really tight but he's ultra strong. Got a couple of burns I think.

    I think he hates me.

    Ending the post with two photos!


    No comments:

    Post a Comment