Sponsors

The Blogger

Vanessa Ng * 20 * 28th February * RVHS * NBS
Twitter Mail Facebook


I dream of becoming a magician, a chef, a chocolatier, a fashion designer, a movie director, a DJ, a professional photographer and a stock market guru. I also want my very own candy outlet. (: My blog comprises photographs and random thoughts. I like to keep my blog happy and I'm easily inspired. It's nice knowing that people are reading, so thank you. :D

Tweet Tweet

    Follow me on Twitter (:

    29 July 2011

    Size Zero

    Size zero

    Chocolates, chips, chocolate chips, am starving,
    Bemoaning fate, they do look appealing.
    How to negate their existence, he is questioning,
    Albeit the incipient disgust forming.
    Temptation lurks like a shadow showing,
    He gorged abjectly, hitherto satisfying.



    Dig it up, Deep down food is churning.
    Everything gushed out the throat, still sizzling.
    He collapsed, laid down, still smiling.
    "Gorgeous." he grinned at the pile spreading.



    Sitting up, he gazed upon his ribs showing,
    Perfection dawns on him, happiness overwhelming.
    He collapsed with a thud, eyes shutting,
    Nobody knew, as he rests there lying.



    Since the inception, he knew this will be entailing,
    Repercussion severe, deadly, but found it motivating.
    His intentions explicated since the beginning,
    Inherent lust for figure haplessly in him, transpiring.


    The above poem was sent to 14.59 by myself (and it did got published in the June issue.)

    When I showed it to my friend, Jaslyn, she went 'You should have written a 'she' instead.' That was my exact intentions. Anorexia doesn't have to be solely for FEMALES. That's a stereotype, although it's generally true. But I just wanted to highlight the fact that this can, and has happened, to guys.

    I especially liked the beginning. I wanted for the same words to have different meanings when combined. Hence 'chocolates', 'chips' and 'chocolate chips'. Me thinks it's cool. (:

    Anyway, practically all (yes, ALL) my poems rhyme, no matter how awkward it is I WILL make them rhyme. I hate poems that don't rhyme, it seems so... Lazy.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment