Sponsors

The Blogger

Vanessa Ng * 20 * 28th February * RVHS * NBS
Twitter Mail Facebook


I dream of becoming a magician, a chef, a chocolatier, a fashion designer, a movie director, a DJ, a professional photographer and a stock market guru. I also want my very own candy outlet. (: My blog comprises photographs and random thoughts. I like to keep my blog happy and I'm easily inspired. It's nice knowing that people are reading, so thank you. :D

Tweet Tweet

    Follow me on Twitter (:

    16 July 2011

    Better Reads.

    As mentioned in the previous post(s), I've been reading excessively, ignoring Integration, Oligopolistic Market Structure, Linguistics and Literature. And of course, GP. (Really shouldn't be doing that)

    And promised, I'll recommend a few book titles to you guys.

    Note: I have a very different taste, I don't like books which people adore. I've been googling for book clubs and stuff, in which their forums are filled with numerous "OMG THAT'S THE MOST TOUCHING BOOK EVER LOVE IT!" comments for Paper Towns and An Abundance of Katherines both of which are by John Green. But no, it's not interesting or touching for that matter, in fact it's filled to the brim with conversations and I hate that.

    There are a lot more suggestions though, but I narrowed them down to The Picture of Dorian Gray by I-forgot-who. Cannot find it anywhere though, meh. Wanted to borrow The Book Thief but it's nowhere to be found as well.

    So I started seeking suggestions from my friend (who introduced The Host by Stephenie Meyer to me. TERRIBLE.)

    I don't like books that are completely about romance. It irks me a lot.

    So here're some recommendations by me, to you. Don't blame me if you don't like them though.

    IMG_0084

    It's cool because it starts the story by SPOILING EVERYTHING for you. You'll just be wondering how to story would twist to fit the endings.

    You HAVE to read the last few chapters and you'll go "Ooooooh....."

    It's a murder novel, but it's reasonable towards the end and not like Scream, which is according to me friend about this weird and insane person that goes around killing everybody.

    IMG_0085

    IMG_0086

    It's a cute book I must say, a couple of pictures here and there. Sometimes it's good to revert back to Enid Blyton or Roald Dahl for that matter. Always nice to look back. (:

    here's also a psychology book about Winnie The Pooh that claims it alludes to numerous criticisms of certain events and stuff. You can check that out also.

    IMG_0087

    Filled with poems that rhyme. The first one quarter of the book is pretty awesome. Especially the part about Japanese killing people (as in, the reference to it came as a shock, a good shock though. I don't hate the Japanese anyway, although their ancestors killed my grandmother's relatives. I'm not sure I can say the same for my grandmother though, I mean you have to understand the pain went through although it's not the new generation's fault.)

    The Curious Incident of the Dog at Night-time (not sure if I got the title right) is pretty okay as well. Logical and sound. Speaking of which you people HAVE TO read Dan Brown's and David Gemmel's works. (Would recommend Morningstar for the latter author) Awesome maximum.

    So there you go! Check them out if time permits. I'm also reading One Day by David Nicholls and The Deception Point by Dan Brown currently. Pretty okay.

    "How to be More Interesting" by ___ De Bono (forgot the author's name so sorry!) is pretty cool too. They actually have exercises for you to try out. I started flipping through rapidly cause it got boring after the halfway mark.

    I hope I've introduced at least one good read! (: Do leave suggestions of good books in the comments if possible! I'm running out of nice stuff to read. No Terry Pratchet or J.K.Rowling (they say they're promising but I really don't think so.) or books filled with dialogues and more dialogues please!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment