Sponsors

The Blogger

Vanessa Ng * 20 * 28th February * RVHS * NBS
Twitter Mail Facebook


I dream of becoming a magician, a chef, a chocolatier, a fashion designer, a movie director, a DJ, a professional photographer and a stock market guru. I also want my very own candy outlet. (: My blog comprises photographs and random thoughts. I like to keep my blog happy and I'm easily inspired. It's nice knowing that people are reading, so thank you. :D

Tweet Tweet

    Follow me on Twitter (:

    01 December 2010

    Egg

    What comes to your mind when someone says the word, "egg"?

    I bet it's a chicken egg! Even when you google the word, the entire google list is filled with chicken eggs. What about duck eggs, ostrich eggs and penguin eggs?

    We often associate and assume a general term to be something specific, something that we always see and is familiar to us, something close to our hearts. Also, as a Chinese, I use the term 鸡蛋(chicken egg) so commonly till I never use the word 蛋 (egg) by itself anymore. So even if I'm referring to a duck egg, I'll go like, "鸡蛋,Eh 不是!鸭蛋!" (Chicken egg, EH NO! Duck egg!)

    Lesson learnt: Bear in mind that although this often is a right assumption, there are times when you may be wrong.

    In short: Don't assume.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment