Sponsors

The Blogger

Vanessa Ng * 20 * 28th February * RVHS * NBS
Twitter Mail Facebook


I dream of becoming a magician, a chef, a chocolatier, a fashion designer, a movie director, a DJ, a professional photographer and a stock market guru. I also want my very own candy outlet. (: My blog comprises photographs and random thoughts. I like to keep my blog happy and I'm easily inspired. It's nice knowing that people are reading, so thank you. :D

Tweet Tweet

    Follow me on Twitter (:

    21 November 2010

    It's the process that matters, not.

    IMG_0274




    IMG_0276

    Ignore the 2 crappy shots above and don't bother guessing the location. Which I am sure that you would do the exact opposite after reading the previous sentence. But now that I've mentioned it I I kinda neutralized the situation. Okay ignore the analysis.

    SO ANYWAY PEOPLE! Something pretty random happened today, but I find it educational. Don't mind me, I find a lot of things educational just that I don't voice them out.

    (enters lift on 9th floor)

    Me: I'm guessing that... There will be 3 people on the 1st floor!

    Dad: 4 people.

    (turns out that there's only 1 man)

    Me: I WIN! Cause 3 is the closer answer!

    Dad: No. In 4-D you lose by 1 digit also strike. No such thing as closer.

    We do miss a lot of things narrowly in life, and no matter how close we are to getting it, the end result is that we did not, and that's all that people care. Nobody knows who's the 2nd man on the moon (if you don't know who's the 1st then you must be either 1. Living under a rock 2. Extremely stupid.) But does it mean that the 2nd man on the moon put in lesser efforts than the 1st?

    I mean yes, we all say that "It's the process that matters.", "Experience is more important." and stuff like that. Truth is, the process does help and aid us in life in one way or another, but face it. The main thing is the outcome. You can just smoke your way through, but as long as you achieve something, you're cool.

    Let me give you a scenario. A particular student studied an entire month for a test. During that period of time he (I'm just using he generally. I'm not biased towards girls or anything.) gave in his all, he strived so hard, lost sleep, sacrificed every minute of his play time. Eventually, he failed the test. (It's possible lo, too tired then blank out.)

    Will the report card show that "This student put in the most efforts."? No, it'll just show the big, underlined, and lousy F. Then the teacher will write comments like he is disappointed, he could do better and stuff like that. As if he doesn't know.

    So you see, as long as you can get the results that people want, you can just smoke your way through. I've heard of a couple of smartasses out there who practically DON'T STUDY, DON'T PAY ATTENTION, and just do last minute work. And they get straight As. It kinda makes me jealous and envious. And they get recognition, they get praised because they're smart.

    So people, the process matters, but the outcome is practically everything. This is the harsh reality that is evident since we're young, something that you cannot even deny yourself. So don't go on about the experience thing. The experience thing only works when the matter is like, a game. Nothing major and stuff. And yes, that is all that I shall say.

    P.S: Edwin Eugene Aldrin, Jr. is the 2nd man to land on the moon.

    P.P.S: He's more commonly known as Buzz Aldrid. Another source quoted his name to be Colonel Edwin (Buzz) Aldrin Jr.

    P.P.P.S: Thank you Neil, for landing first!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment